Sunday 7 October 2012

3rd Person Games

This post I will be writing about 3rd person games for example which ones I think are good and display the 3rd person camera well to a game where I think the game doesn't really use the 3rd person camera very well. Right first off I will be writing about the game I think is really good for using the 3rd person camera.. This game is Gears of War 3. The reasons I chose this game is because it really does well by only using the 3rd person camera throughout the whole game, it's a different take on a shooter style of game, normally everyone is used to the everyday shooters for example the Call of Duty franchise or maybe even the Battlefield franchise purely for the fact they're all first person perspective. Gears of War 3 really do well in using the 3rd person camera and it's a different kind of game which is why I think most people enjoy it and it's become a real contender with the big names from Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3. Another reason for this game being successful is that the character placement is placed on the left-hand side of the screen which then mean the cross-hair is free to be moved about when targeting enemies.

Now in this part I will be talking about a game in which personally I don't think uses the 3rd person camera as good as Gears or War 3, this game that I have chosen is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. The reason that I have chosen this game as the one with the poor 3rd person camera is because Oblivion is mainly a first person perspective game rather than a 3rd person which has only been added to the game. Other reason for this game is that once you're in the 3rd person the controls become increasingly more difficult to use for example whilst in the 3rd person camera the sword-fighting and archery becomes harder to do purely for the fact that the placement of the character is right in the middle of the screen which then blocks the cross-hair which essentially is important if you're aiming at something

No comments:

Post a Comment