Saturday 6 October 2012

2D Games

in this blog post I will be talking about 2D games. Which ones are good and which ones are bad, but the main thing in this post will be to discuss one 2D game that is good and then comparing it to a 2D game which isn't particularly good. Right for the game that I think is a pretty good 2D game would be Super Mario Bros. I have chosen this game for the fact that it can be enjoyed for all audiences and not just for 1 specific audience. Other reasons for this game being decent is because the game uses bright and vibrant colours for the games. It uses all these bright colours to try and catch the eyes of viewers the are playing and throughout the whole game there doesn't seem to be a specifically dull colour, the majority of all colours that are used are all eye-catching. An example of the colours that the game uses can be seen in the picture to the right. As you can see all the colours used in this picture or this part of the game are all bright and inviting colours.

Now I will be talking about a 2D game that I don't particularly which in my opinion is a game called Tekken 2. Even though this game is a fair few years old I still believe that it could have been better with the visual graphics. Looking at the graphics and visual style in the picture to the left seem quite dark and gloomy compared to Super Mario Bros. The game does however use some bright colours with the health bars for the players, but mostly the other colours that are used aren't as bright and vibrant as the game I chose earlier. Also as I said before that Super Mario Bros was appealing to all kinds of audiences in my opinion, but Tekken I believe is mainly aimed at probably one type of audience which could have an affect on the graphics, but that's just my opinion, I could be entirely wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment