Monday 9 September 2013

Concept Art

This blog post will be focusing on concept art and also comparing another games concept art to the game I’m creating. The game that I will be comparing is Deus Ex: Human Revolution  

The design I would like for the location or city would be similar to the ones created for Deus Ex as they have similarities such as being quite futuristic, also it looks quite dusty as this would be the slums or the poorer area of the city.





The image to the left is particularly interesting to me because it has a city which is split into two separate parts which is what I’m going for with my game, a city split into two very different cities, the poorer class citizens and upper/higher class citizens. 







Also the character concepts that are in Deus Ex are the sort of thing that I would like to include into my game, a kind of smart style of clothing where there is no loose bits of clothing and everything is smart and tidy.  This would be ideal for the protagonist in my game because he would need to attract the eye of the audience and appeal to them to make the character interesting. 






The image to the left is also a concept that I like, this design is from the game Halo. I like its design because it’s perfect for a soldier or a guard in the environment that I want in my game. The armour is very much suited to someone who would be a guard as the armour would be protective of the character but also light for the guard or soldier.







This weapon concept is also very interesting as it’s not that basic but quite futuristic and is very different to other pistols in the present day.  The weapon concepts that I want for my game are slightly different from present day weapons an example of this is in the picture to the right which is slightly different from a normal revolver.
















Next I will be writing about a concept artist that I find particularly interesting, that artist is Victor Mosquera, who is a freelance concept artist and illustrator who is based in Bogota, Colombia. The clients include companies such as Volta, Shaddy Safadi concept studio and others. Some of his work has featured in 3D Total Prime: The Definitive Digital Art Collection CFSL Artbook 07, Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter, Image FX Magazine and Light Grey Art Labs. Examples of his concept art are below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment